- POSITION REPORTS TO: Director of Business Development
- DEPARTMENT: 03-Business Development
- FLSA CATEGORY: Non-Exempt
- WORKERS COMP CLASS: Clerical
- EEO CATEGORY: Administrative Support Workers
Job Description Summary
The receptionist assists all visitors and processes phone requests. The receptionist answers questions, provides appropriate literature and refers to appropriate staff members. Administrative/support tasks are also required as directed.
Essential Job Functions
- 1.Welcomes guests and offers hospitality.
- 2.Answers telephone giving appropriate information and/or directs calls to staff promptly.
- 3. Records incoming checks and cash.
- 4. Sorts and distributes mail.
- 5.Maintains inventory of general office supplies, orders supplies as needed.
- 6.Prepares daily mailings and assists with large mailings as required. Responsible for postage and postage machine.
- 7.Responsible for library organization, which includes the checkout and return system.
- 8.Assists with copying and collation of materials.
- 9.Maintains order and cleanliness of lobby and downstairs kitchen areas.
- 10.Performs the duties of the Donations Administrator during their absence.
- 11.Provides administrative support for Business Development as required, including, but limited to assisting the Fund Development Manager with the following:
- A.The administration of and documentation for event planning, solicitations, grant writing and sponsorships.
- B. Preparing supporting communications.
- C. Entry and maintenance of donor gift records in the donor database.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
All employees are required to comply with the policies and procedures of Hospice of Holland, Inc. and with all state, federal, and other regulatory requirements. They will also comply with confidentiality laws as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices as well as accepted professional standards and practice.
Education and Experience
- 1.Education: An Associates Degree in Business Administration or Office Management, or High school diploma and equivalent experience.
- 2.Experience: Experience in typing, word processing, spreadsheets, financial accounting procedures, office equipment and procedures, and VOIP telephone systems is required.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 1. Communication skills
- 2.Organizational skills
- 3. Business machine knowledge
- 4.Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office 2010
Managing Work — Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation — Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Work Standards — Setting High Standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Building Trust — Interacting with others in a way that gives them confidence in one’s intentions and those of the organization.
Customer Focus — Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relations.
Performs work/duties according to specified procedures and priorities and receives detailed instructions on how the work is to be performed and the expected outcomes. Work is checked frequently. There are clear guidelines on when to seek direction. There is limited opportunity for personal initiative, discretion or judgment, or the assumption of responsibility for the results alone. Generally responsible for accurate and proper application of steps in a well-recognized process.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee must also be required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust and focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The working conditions described here are representative of those encountered in the job. Specific conditions may be different than those described. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 1.Works indoors.
- 2.Subject to varying and unpredictable situations. Handles emergency or crisis situations.
Continuing Education Requirements:
Hospice personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, Hospice personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.