1. Provides Quality Assessment Performance Improvement (QAPI) support, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Reviewing and validating Admission and Discharge Hospice Item Set quality measures;
- Completing medical record documentation reviews;
- Preparing and sending medical record requests; and
- Assisting with various reports, quality monitoring activities and information preparation for reports and meetings.
2. Provides Interdisciplinary Team Meeting support including, but not limited to the following:
- Preparing reports and other supporting documents;
- Creating census and certification reports;
- Tracking certifications and re-certifications; and
- Collaborating with the PCC to schedule face-to-face provider visits as needed.
3. Provides certification and re-certification support.
4. Assists the Patient Care staff during times of need as directed.
5. Cross trains for other disciplines as directed.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
All employees are required to comply with the policies and procedures of Hospice of Holland, Inc. and with all state, federal, and other regulatory requirements. They will also comply with confidentiality laws as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices as well as accepted professional standards and practice.
1. Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Experience: The ideal candidate would have experience as an LPN, medical assistant, Aide or administrative assistant in healthcare.
3. Other: Knowledge of healthcare terminology, quality concepts as they relate to healthcare and document preparation.
1. Demonstrable skills in word processing, windows applications and use of the Internet.
2. Excellent communication, organizational and follow through skills.
3. Ability to organize and focus attention to detail and accuracy.
4. Maintain confidentiality.
5. Familiar with word processing and spreadsheets.
6. Strong customer service and excellent people skills.
7. Maintain flexibility in dealing with a variety of issues involving patient care.
Managing Work – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Work Standards – Setting High Standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relations.
Performs a variety of routine work within established policies and procedures that allow for some discretion as to how and when the work is to be performed. Use of training and knowledge to problem-solve, make decisions, and determine the best course of action from within a framework of established options. Seeks advice and further direction when situations are out of the ordinary and/or do not fall within existing instructions. Priorities and outcomes are determined by the supervisor, or some external reference. Work is checked periodically to ensure compliance with procedures and policies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee must also be required to move to various parts of the building and work area. Exposure to repetitive hand and finger motion will occasionally occur. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust and focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The working conditions described here are representative of those encountered in the job. Specific conditions may be different than those described. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
1. Will work inside.
2. Will have close exposure to computer screens.
3. Will be required to meet deadlines, occasionally with severe time constraints.
Hospice personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, Hospice personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.