- SERVICE THE POSITION IS FOR: Hospice of Holland
- POSITION REPORTS TO: Executive Director
- DEPARTMENT: 09-Administration
- FLSA CATEGORY: Exempt
- WORKERS COMP CLASS: Clerical
- EEO CATEGORY: Technicians
Job Description Summary
Working in conjunction with Hospice of Holland’s contractors, Facility Coordinator is responsible for coordinating all on-site IT services for all information systems and devices including telephones, servers, security systems, personal electronic devices, and other office equipment, as assigned, and oversee all building and grounds maintenance and service issues.
Essential Job Functions
- 1.Coordinates the scheduling of routine facility and equipment maintenance with the appropriate contractors, addressing building and grounds issues that arise and working with various contractors and service companies to make sure the building is operating efficiently.
- 2.Plans out an efficient and effective process for internal service and remodel projects to reduce the amount of disruption to staff. Maintains communication with contractors to keep them on task for a timely completion of work.
- 3.Monitors and maintains all computer systems to ensure optimal functioning including system backups, network integrity, hardware functioning and peripheral components.
- 4.Ensures information system integration to permit seamless flow between software applications.
- 5.Refers major hardware problems to contract IT provider for corrective action.
- 6.Provides initial and on-going education to staff to improve use and understanding of both hardware and software.
- 7.Secures software and hardware from unauthorized use, access, and theft.
- 8.Protects the confidentiality of information contained within the information system through effective user controls, system auditing, and supervision of information systems operations.
- 9.Maintains and ensures optimal operation of the VoIP phone and communications systems.
- 10.Works with the Executive Director/Contracted IT provider to identify information system needs and develop a plan to meet those needs.
- 11.Oversees all information vendor system contracts and licensing agreements.
- 12.Assists the Executive Director in preparation of the annual information system budget and monitors allocation of funds.
- 13.Serves as a primary liaison between information system vendors/technical support and staff.
- 14.Sets up new users into the computer system and orients new hires and arranges in-service education as requested or appropriate.
- 15.Inventories, assigns, and distributes IT equipment per policy.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
All employees are required to comply with the policies and procedures of Hospice of Holland, Inc. and with all state, federal, and other regulatory requirements. They will also comply with confidentiality laws as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices as well as accepted professional standards and practice.
Education and Experience
- 1.Education: Has a minimum high school diploma with additional course work in computer science, prefer Bachelor degree in computer field.
- 2.Experience: Prior experience in health care information systems management is a plus.
- 2. Other: Demonstrates excellent communication skills. Demonstrated ability to organize and complete specific projects that require intensive planning and multi-tasking. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot technical issues and uses critical-thinking skills to install long-term solutions. Prior experience in building maintenance and/or construction is a plus.
Skills and Knowledge:
- 1.Experience in network management and Help Desk support.
- 2.Solid knowledge of information technology systems and applications.
- 3.Experience in virtual server environments, cloud-based IT systems, and Windows Server 2016.
- 4.Experience in administrative level of operations in Office 365.
- 5. Experience in Mac OS, Apple iOS, Apple iPads, MDM software management and apps.
- 6.Experience in VoIP phone systems.
- 7.Certifications in Microsoft and network systems are a plus.
Coaching – Providing timely guidance and feedback to help others strengthen specific knowledge/skill areas needed to accomplish a task or solve a problem.
Customer Focus – Making customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions; developing and sustaining productive customer relations.
Managing Work – Effectively managing one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Quality Orientation – Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Communication – Cleary conveying ideas and information through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
Technical/professional Knowledge and Skills – Having achieved a satisfactory level of technical and professional skill or knowledge in position related areas; keeping up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise.
General Supervision – The employee normally receives little instruction or control on day-to-day work and receives general instructions on new assignments. The employee receives guidance in terms of assignments and objectives. Only the final results of work are typically reviewed. The employee is expected to plan the sequence of detailed steps to accomplish the work using experience and education. The employee is expected to solve through initiative, most problems of detail that come up in the course of work. The employee is expected to be able to interpret policies and guidelines and apply them to routine situations that arise. They are personally responsible for accomplishing prescribed results and objectives, and have considerable freedom while the work is in progress. The employee may provide technical/informational guidance to someone as a content expert.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee must also be required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust and focus. The employee will also be required to repeat the same hand, arm or finger motion many times. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The work may entail ascending a ladder and working overhead and/or in cramped spaces.
The working conditions described here are representative of those encountered in the job. Specific conditions may be different than those described. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
The work is performed almost exclusively in an office environment in a two-story environment (with an elevator). The work will entail significant interaction with outside vendors and inside staff. The employee will be handling and working with and on a variety of electronic equipment and computers to include thin clients, monitors, printers, copiers, laptops, desk tops, iPads, mobile phones, and servers.
Continuing Education Requirements:
Hospice personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, Hospice personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities.