- SERVICE THE POSITION IS FOR: Hospice of Holland
- POSITION REPORTS TO: Business Development Director
Job Description Summary
Responsible for expanding the scope of our market area by developing business relationships with new referral sources, by establishing outreach programs to the West Michigan community and marketing our services to various health organizations.
Essential Job Functions
- 1. The primary responsibility is to expand our service area.
- 2. Cultivate positive relationships with prospective referral sources.
- 3. Establish methods to educate the broader community in the services of Hospice of Holland.
- 4. Establish, articulate and educate specific health care organizations on Hospice of Holland services and the role they play in health management.
- 5. Initiate new programs or approaches for community outreach.
The above statements are intended to be a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job. The incumbents may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those stated in this description.
All employees are required to comply with the policies and procedures of Hospice of Holland, Inc. and with all state, federal, and JCAHO requirements. They will also comply with confidentiality laws as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices.
- 1. Bachelors degree in general business. RN degree would be very beneficial.
- 2.Strong communication and public relations skills.
- 3.Other: Professional, articulate and perceptive with strong interpersonal skills and strong communication and presentation skills.
- 4.Creative, energetic, enthusiastic demeanor.
- 5.Able to work as part of a development team. Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility, and cooperation in performing job responsibilities.
- 6.Has current Michigan drivers license and reliable, insured transportation.
- 7.Must be computer literate and proficient in Microsoft Office.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, and hear. The employee must also be required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust and focus. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The working conditions described here are representative of those encountered in the job. Specific conditions may be different than those described. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- 1. Will work inside.
- 2. Will have close exposure to computer screens.
- 3.Will be required to meet deadlines, occasionally with severe time constraints.
- 4.May be exposed to extremes of heat and cold in all weather conditions. Travel required. Must drive in various weather conditions on roads in varying degrees of repair.
Continuing Education Requirements:
Hospice personnel are expected to participate in appropriate continuing education as may be requested and/or required by their immediate supervisor. In addition, Hospice personnel are expected to accept personal responsibility for other educational activities to enhance job-related skills and abilities. All personnel must complete Hospice Orientation Training (HOP).